This has got to be one of the yummiest and easiest healthy breads I've ever made. It's loaded with beneficial healthy fats, carbs and proteins. I especially love it because it contains Flaxseeds and Oats which are galactagogues and promote breast milk production. So if you're a breast feeding mumma this one is also perfect for you!
The recipe takes about 5-10minutes to mix up and then you just need to bake. Store it in the fridge or freezer. A great breakfast, snack or side to one of my healthy soups. So no excuses to eat healthy!
Credit goes to my brother Brett for this recipe, the legend flew over from Melbourne and made me two loafs soon after Henry was born. Since then I've made it weekly! Who else loves healthy food gifts after the birth of a child?
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup organic flaxseeds
1/2 cup almonds (activated preferred)
1 1/2 cups organic oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp organic hemp seeds
1 tsp finely ground salt
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (can also omit)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
1. Combine all dry ingredients
2. Mix water, maple syrup and coconut oil together in a bowel and mix into dry ingredients
3. put in a baking dish and smooth out
4. let it sit for at least 2 hours
5. Dough is ready when it retains shape when pulled away from the dish
6. Bake in pre heated oven 175 degrees for 20minutes
7. Remove from baking tray and bake upside down on another tray for 30-40minutes
8 ..9 Bread is cooked once it sounds hollow
Will last for 5 days, also freezes well!
Enjoy toasted or fresh. yummy with or without toppings.
Enjoy, let me know what you think :)